.PK Domain Structure
All new domains that are registered under .PK, must belong to one of the following second-level or third-level domains. General guidelines for each categories are given below. Payment schedule for all the domain type are the same.
|.PK||General Second Level Domains without .com.pk etc Suffix|
|.COM.PK||General Business, or Individual|
|.NET.PK||Network Related Business|
|.FAM.PK||Family and Individuals|
|.BIZ.PK||General Business, Promotional|
|.GOV.PK||Domains for Government of Pakistan|
|.GOB.PK||Domains for Government of Baluchistan|
|.GOK.PK||Domains for Government of Azad Kashmir|
|.GON.PK||Domains for Government of NWFP|
|.GOP.PK||Domains for Government of Punjab|
|.GOS.PK||Domains for Government of Sindh|
Applications for these domains must conform to the PKNIC registration policy agreement in addition to the requirements given below. In the case of any difference between the PKNIC registration policy and the specific domain terms and conditions described below, these terms and conditions will apply.
- The maximum domain name length is 63 characters (excluding the .pk portion), and the maximum length is 67 characters including .pk suffix
- For second level .PK domains, the minimum length for the domain name, exclusive of the .pk portion is four characters (e.g. 1234.pk) . A four character name before .pk can not start with one of the PKNIC second level sub-domains (e.g. com, net, org, gov, gop, etc.). For example the following domain names are not acceptable: (coms.pk, comm.pk, nets.pk, net2.pk, govs.pk, etc). The complete list of the .PK current and reserved sub-domains includes but is not limited to .COM.PK, .NET.PK, .EDU.PK, .ORG.PK, .FAM.PK, .BIZ.PK, .WEB.PK, .GOV.PK, .GOB.PK, .GOK.PK, .GON.PK, GKP.PK, .GOP.PK, .GOS.PK, .INFO.PK
- For third level .COM.PK, etc domains, the minimum domain name of one character are allowed (e.g. a.com.pk). The label "pk" and all the second level suffix names are reserved for these domain types (e.g. can not register pk.com.pk, net.com.pk, com.com.pk, gov.com.pk, etc).
- A domain name can not begin with a dash "-", and can not have two consecutive dashes "–"in it. These are reserved for IDN encodings
- Generic dictionary words are allowed (unless they violate other terms set forth here or in the general PKNIC Registration Policy).
- The domain name is not present in the list of reserved or blocked names. Examples of reserved namespace are INFO.PK, NAME.PK, PAKISTAN.PK etc.
- Domain names are not required to have pre configured name servers for them.